About to hatch

Moment in Time Writing Term 2 2017

WALT write "a moment in time" writing.
Specific goals (Please highlight yours)
  • I can support my ideas with detail  (Ideas)
  • I can communicate precise meaning related to the topic  (Vocabulary)
  • I can use language that is suitable to the topic, audience and purpose. (Structure & Language)

  1. About to Hatch (Add 3 sentences for each sense)
I can see:
  1. I can see small cracks start to get bigger and bigger.
  2. I can see multicolores through the cracks.
  3. I can see the water start to creep closer and closer.


I can hear:
  1. Squeaky voices as if they are from an animal.
  2. As I walk past I hear spitting noises.
  3. I hear someone calling out to me.
I can smell:
  1. I can smell the salt from the sea.
  2. I can smell a sweet smell like you would get if you were getting a piece of candy.
  3. I can smell a smell you would get if you walked into a pet shop.
I can feel:
  1. Water climbing up my ankles
  2. The sand disappearing under my feet
  3. The rock start to open.
I can taste:
  1. The salty sand specimens in my mouth.
  2. Rocky dust as the boulders open.
  3. Salty sea weed starting to rot.
Write your “moment in time” writing here using this format:
Opening sentence    I just came for a quiet walk on the beach when I walked round the corner
                                      the ground began to shake.

Paragraph 1                  Small cracks on the rocks start to get bigger and bigger. Through the                                                    
                                        cracks I can see multicolours, but from what. I can see the water     
                                       start to creep closer and closer.
Paragraph 2                I can hear a squeaks as if it is from the giant rocks . As I walk past I hear
                            waves crashing against the  rocks. I can hear someone calling out to me but who.
                             
  Paragraph 3     I can smell the salt from the sea. I can smell a sweet smell. But at the same time it
                            obviously smells fishy.
Paragraph 4       I can feel the water climbing up my ankles. The sand starts to disappear under my
                            feet. I place my hand on the boulder and it starts to open with slime flowing right
                            out of it and I think it wants me to get in.

Paragraph 5      I quickly hopped in and I could taste the sand specimens in my mouth. I can
                           taste some sort of slime. I can also taste the boulder’s dust.

Closing sentence   Suddenly I open my eyes and all of it was a dream.

My reflection on this writing: Next time I want to try and make it more exciting and interesting.

I have worked towards achieving my goals by: Trying my best and using my time wisely.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 Athletics Review

Southwest Canterbury Intergrated Learning